Whether Comet or another plugin, there are three methods to install a plugin. Two methods are almost the same so we combined them.
From your WordPress dashboard
Please make sure you are logged in as Super Admin or Admin or any other role that allows you to install a plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
- From your WordPress dashboard, click Plugins > Add new.
- You can search “Comet” and then click Install Now or if you downloaded Comet from the WordPress Plugin Directory you have to click Upload Plugin and select the ZIP file from your computer.
- Once the installation is done, click Activate.
Using a FTP software
If you are non-technical, please do not follow the FTP way.
- Download Comet on the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Connect to your webserver from your FTP.
- Upload the Comet folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate Comet from your WordPress dashboard.